cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

AMIS and unity dial ID

shouyisun
Level 1
Level 1

Do I necessary need to create a Dial ID if I only have one unity server and needs AMIS setup with the other voice system?Thanks

4 Replies 4

kechambe
Level 7
Level 7

Yes, the delivery location will need a dial ID. You can adjust it down to a lower number by editing HKLM\SOFTWARE\Active Voice\Doh\1.00\DWORD: 'Minimum Location AVP_DTMF_ACCESS_ID' but it will need to be at least 1 digit to work correctly.

Thanks,

Keith

What about primary location? Do I need it in my case? I guess not, it looks it's only used when addressing blind message from other unity server.

Correct, you don't need to set one.

To set up AMIS, you need to configure the Node ID on the primary location in the SA. As soon as you do this and try to save the page, the SA will prompt for a Dial ID, and won't let you save the page until you enter a Dial ID. When Unity sends an AMIS message, it transmits the Node ID on the primary location to identify itself as the sending system. I would imagine that most other voice mail systems would need to be configured in some fashion with the node ID that Unity sends to identify itself.

Nancy

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: