Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

AMIS with Avaya Intuity

I got one site in NY which is having Non-Cisco Voice messaging system which is Avaya Intuity and another is in LA which is with Unity and CallManager.

Both the sites are connected with 8 data PRI can I do AMIS integration,

1.Do I really need to have bridge.

2.Without having bridge can I configure AMIS which will talk between two different VMS.

3. How would be the configuration if I got two sites to configure one is unity and other is Avaya Intuity. How intuity users will have the feel of unity subscribers and unity subscribers will have the feel of Intuity users. Please tell me giving a practical examples.

4.What all things I can do without configuring bridge.

5.What is a best addressing scheme used (blind/amis).

6.What is the difference between AMIS and AMIS-A.

7.I would like to know can the person in NY who is having intuity vms account forward the voice messages which has been received from unity VMS. And how can the person who is having account in intuity VMS reply to unity subscriber. Does it need to configure in intuity.

8.Do I need to have licences on unity for an AMIS and how are the calculations for licencing.

• Other Collaboration Voice and Video Subjects
4 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: AMIS with Avaya Intuity

You've got a lot of networking questions here... the best place to start is to review the networking documentation for Unity which covers the Bridge and AMIS configurations and I think will answer most of your questions. You can get the documentation here:

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/voice/c_unity/unity31/net/net313gg/index.htm

short answer is you don't need to use the Bridge but the integration is very much superior to AMIS.

Also, you say you have an 'Avaya Intuity'...what kind? If it's an Interchange you can use AMIS, but the Bridge is not fully qualified for the Interchange yet (it is currently in field test). If it's an Audix, you will not be able to use the Bridge because the Audix does not support Octel analog networking. Also, if it's an Audix, that server has not yet been officially qualified for use with Cisco Unity. There is a fairly painless process for adding a new product to the Cisco Unity supported AMIS system list. Contact Product Marketing if you wish to do this.

Finally, if the system you're referring to is actually an Avaya Octel rather than an Avaya Intuity, you can use either AMIS or the Bridge. As Jeff mentioned, definitely read the Networking in Cisco Unity guide to compare the two options. To see the list of currently supported products with Cisco Unity using either AMIS or the Bridge see http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/voice/c_unity/sysreq/31_sysrq.htm#xtocid30.

Is Avaya Intuity Audix is supported for an AMIS networking

Cisco Employee

Please don't post the same exact question multiple times... this wont get you an answer any quicker and I'll have to start deleting them if you persist.

thanks.

Views
Helpful
Replies