cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Amount of Dialed Digits

d-roush
Level 1
Level 1

We use Client matter codes for long distance calls for Call Accounting. We have it so users can dial *6 then the Client Matter Code (*6XXXXXXXXX) then the number. The dial pattern we have is *6XXXXXXXXX9@. This works for Domestic calls, but when I build a dial pattern for international calls based on the same logic (*6XXXXXXXXX9.011!) the last couple of digits get dropped. Is there only a certain amount of digits that can be handled? Our gateway is using MGCP. This is also a Qsig connection to an Avaya Definity G3. When doing a debug isdn q931 it shows that not all the digits are being passed to the Avaya.

7 Replies 7

s.jankowski
Level 4
Level 4

Try the command, "forward all" under voip interface

This URL should help you:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps5629/prod_maintenance_guides_list.html

samalex22
Level 1
Level 1

What Version CCM are you using... and did you get Int'l to work at all?

Thanks

CM Version 4.1(3)sr4b. I figured out a way to do it by using a voice translation-rule that would strip the CMC digits out before sending the number to the PSTN. The CMC still shows in the CDR Table so our Call Accounting software sees them.

So .. now it WILL work for Domestic and Int'l calling.. with "wildcarded" CMCs?

please say yes!

-Sam

It works with the gateway if you are using h323. I am still trying to figure out how to get it to work with mgcp since I don't think you can control the call with dial peers using mgcp. I am probably going to switch my mgcp gateway to h323.

Here is the voice translation setup I used.

voice translation-rule 20

rule 1 /^\*6.........9/ //

voice translation-profile CMC

translate called 20

dial-peer voice 6 pots

description CLIENT MATTER CODE

translation-profile outgoing CMC

destination-pattern *6.........9T

port 0/1/0:23

I found another way to do it as well.

Create the dial pattern *6XXXXXXXXX.9@ for domestic and *6XXXXXXXXX.9011! for international. Then choose to Discard Predot when adding the Route Group to the Route List. This will probably require you to remove your current Route Group from your Route List and then re-add it back in with the Discard PreDot chosen. This works for MGCP and H323. The full length of digits continue to show in the CDR table for this.

This worked like a champ.. Thanks tons!

-Sam