Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

An extension is not set up for VM but is showing a voicemail icon

the extensions are set up in a hunt group but whent he main number rolls over is shows a vm icon an red light indicating o the user they have a vm. When the VM button is pressed it just goes t the general Unity prompt. This should not happen.... Please help

3 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: An extension is not set up for VM but is showing a voicemail

First, be sure to include your Unity version and switch configuration information here.

Also, I'm not entirely sure I know what the problem is here - is this simply a situation where subscribers are calling in directly to Unity and are not being automatically logged into their mailbox? I'm puzzled by the voicemail icon question here...

If it's simply a matter of not logging into their mailbox automatically as we should then the first place to look is to see what calling number is being presented to Unity when the call arrives. The easiest way to do this is to use the Call Viewer applications you'll find in the Tools Depot under the "Switch Integration Tools" section. Call in from one of these phones you expect to be logged in as and see what the Calling Number and reason codes are that are presented by the call viewer application - if the reason is not "direct" (for instanced "forwarded") or the calling number does not match the Id of the subscriber who is calling in, that would explain why they're not being logged into their mailbox.

if this isn't the problem you were trying to get at, let me know and we'll try again.

An extention example 2525 is not set up for voicemail on the unity server but on the phone it shows a light as if there is a message but when you try to access the message it takes you through the unity general prompts........ Unity ver 2.1 callmanager version 3.1

Cisco Employee

Well, there is no Unity version 2.1...

Regardless, if you call in from an extension that isn't setup as a subscriber it's expected that you go to the general opening greeting.

I don't know why the message icon would be showing up on the phone - that's probably a question for the call manager folks - you could try the IP Telephony forum.

Views
Helpful
Replies