Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Users might experience few discrepancies in Search results. We are working on this on our side. We apologize for the inconvenience it may have caused.

Announce extensions

Doing and install for a local City and PD. They need to make sure that extensions aren't announced (security reasons) in any of the prompts. I config'd the Directory handler just fine. Problem is before enrollment everyone is set to the system prompt which announces extension. Any way to change this? Bulk Edit doesn't include anything for greeting files, etc (which makes sense for every 'normal' install). We've recorded a generic greeting that I'm going to throw into 'Alternate' for every user...manually. Any better ideas for me.<br><br>Rob Thornton<br>Special Order Systems<br><br>

3 REPLIES
Anonymous
N/A

Re: Announce extensions

Anonymous
N/A

hmmm... there's a scenario I hadn't considered. Yeah, ATM will make it a bit easier and faster to hit all your users than using the SA but it still means you have to slurp in that greeting for each user.

Another alternative would be to set the voice name for everyone since if a voice name is recorded it'll play that instead of voicing the extension. I started working on a tool that would rip through the directory and TTS everyone's voice name out to a WAV file and then punch that into the voice name field if the user didn't have one recorded. For some names it sounds horrible though and there's a moderately ugly licensing issue with the TTS vendors that I have to figure out before I could get too far on that one.

But as it stands now I think your best bet for getting from A to B quickly is to use the audio text manager, flip over to the grid view and just run straight down the list of subscribers... enable the alternate greeting and paste from file the prerecorded greeting you have. Should go considerably faster than using the SA anyway.

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Technical Lead/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com
http://www.AnswerMonkey.net (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)

Anonymous
N/A

Ya...leave it to us to find the odd quirks in every install. Thanks for the tip. I had forgotten about ATM and it's way less 'clicks' than the SA.

Thanks,
Rob

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content