Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Announce Only Mailbox

Is there a way to configure a mailbox for announcements only? I have been asked to create a mailbox for staff members to check job postings during summer vacation.<br><br>We want the staff to be able to listen to the postings, but not be able to leave a message. Union rules state that they must apply in writing, blah, blah, blah...<br><br>Thanks for any and all tips.<br><br><br>Steve Barr<br>Technology Coordinator<br>Madison Local School District

2 REPLIES
Anonymous
N/A

Re: Announce Only Mailbox

Can't you just use a call handler and use the greeting to broadcast this information? this is what call handlers are meant for (i.e. audio text type applications). I'm unsure if this is what you mean by an "announcement only" mailbox or not... if not, let me know what you're looking for.

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Technical Lead/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com
http://www.AnswerMonkey.net (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)

Anonymous
N/A

Re: Announce Only Mailbox

Thanks for the suggestion. I'm not very familiar with Unity, yet...

What I finally created was a mailbox that is set to hangup after the greeting. This allows the personnel department to login, and record the greeting. (I couldn't figure out how to do this in a call handler.) I set the caller input so that the 1 key sends the caller to the subscribers greeting (ie: repeat message).

Thanks again for your suggestion.

Steve

Steve Barr
Technology Coordinator
Madison Local School District

Views
Helpful
Replies