cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Another Backup Question

jalston45
Level 1
Level 1

Hi can anyone tell me where I can find the BARS utility? I've tried the http://cco.cisco.com/cgi-bin/tablebuild.pl/cmva-3des link. Has anyone ever used this utility?

7 Replies 7

dtran
Level 6
Level 6

try this link. I am assuming you have cco access. And scroll down toward the middle and find MCSBackupSystem 4-0-x

http://www.cisco.com/cgi-bin/tablebuild.pl/cmva-3des

Danny

Thanks Danny but I tried that link from the start. Does your back up method(disk swapping) allows for full recovery(configuration, call plans etc..) should your server crash??

Yes, up to that point. I don't know what type of server you're running but with MCS-7835 server, the hard drives are configured for mirroring RAID 1. Basically the same data is written on both hard drives, you can always pull one out to keep for back up in case of disaster.

Danny

OK I'm new to this world so bare with me please.

Error: 104

Download not permitted (Do not bookmark this URL.)

Our apologies, but your user profile indicates that you are not entitled to download software of this type.

Does this mean that I must buy some sort of access here????

ouch...

this means that your CCO account does not have software access.

you can gain software access through entitlement. entitlement is gained through service/maintenance contracts for software that are associated with your CCO account.

please contact cisco at 800.553.2447 and ask for 'entitlement' and then ask them what is required for you to obtain the support for software downloads you require.

this is the only legal way to obtain this software from cisco.

(you should also have a version of BARS on a CD that shipped with your CCM software)

Thank you

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: