cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Answer Delay at remote site. only on incoming PSTN calls.

awyle
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I've got a bit of a funny problem. At our remote sites they have a problem picking up and answering external PSTN calls. The sites are connected through BT's IP Clear which I think is just MPLS. Class one is IP Precedence 4 and Class 2 is IP Precedence 6. Strange I know. So we reclassify the Precedence at the router so it will be ok going across the WAN.

I've added the following config to the Dial-PEER:

tone ringback alert-no-PI

preference 1

destination-pattern 4652..

translate-outgoing calling 88

translate-outgoing called 1

voice-class codec 1

voice-class h323 1

session target ipv4:172.16.1.1

dtmf-relay h245-alphanumeric

ip qos dscp cs4 media

ip qos dscp cs6 signaling

no vad

I've specified the IP Clear values not the Call manager IP Precedence because we reclassify all on the voice Interface and the signaling traffic will will speak directly to the call manager. I think this is right is it??

When you phone in through the PSTN the user answers the call and says hello......... be you don't hear the first 3 seconds or so. what you hear is the rining tone and it connects mid sentance.

Can any one help me?

I must add this is only when the wan is busy. all signalling traffic (skinny) is clasified as Class 2 accross the IP Clear network.

Thanks

Gus

6 Replies 6

adignan
Level 8
Level 8

Try adding this global command:

voice rtp send-recv

It cuts through the audio path withouth waiting for a connect message.

Hi,

That command was already applied.

could it have something to do with the progress_ind ??

Not really. What type of router are you using? Have you tried a different IOS?

Also, what version of CallManager and what phone load? There is a bug in earlier releases of 3.3 phone loads that caused audio delay.

Hi we're having a problem on 2651xm, 2620, 2621xm. I've tried 12.2.15T9 and 12.2.15.T11 I think.might be higher. We're running 3.3(2) with nearly the latest for 7905 and second latest for 7940,7960. the 7910 load is the default. would the phone load cuase the same problem for internal calls>??

I have a similar problem, I am running 3.3.3 sr2. Is version has the same bug?