cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Any one for CM 3.2

rkiamil
Level 1
Level 1

Has any body done the Upgrade to CM 3.2 from 3.1.x? How did it go? Any major problems?

24 Replies 24

msolak
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

I have it in our Lab. It works well. The question is how it works by the Customer:))

ohh..no problems on the upgrade..the only thing is you must upgrade your SQL Server to service pack 3.

regards

mehmet

aerazo
Level 1
Level 1

I have some problems right to upgrade a CM 3.1.2c to 3.2.1.

After the upgrade we boot the server but the CM remains with ver 3.1.2c, we are working with the TAC to solve this problem.

Abel

Hi,

Did TAC provide you an solution?

I have the same problem, I upgraded a PUB/SUB, but the SUB remains 3.1(2c). If I look on the pub (http://localhost/ccmadmin) and look at the component versions for both callmamangers they appear to be 3.2(1). If I do this on the sub, I see 3.1(2c) ???????

Regards,

Sascha Monteiro

ben
Level 1
Level 1

we upgraded to 3.2.1 no problems. again as mentioned we had to upgrade to sql sp 3. thats it.

Where u run the ATA on your call manager before the update?

I have not upgraded my 3.1 box with ata's configured but I assume you might have to delete them and readd them. Since in 3.1 they are 7960's and in 3.2 they are ATA 186 devices. If you have a bunch of them you can just let them auto-register. I did this on my 3.2 cluster without any problems. Did you have another specific concern?

Thank you,

-Mckee

I had trouble getting CM to find ATA devices initially. I loaded the latest version of ATA 186 software on the box and this allowed our CM 3.1.x to recognize the boxes. (Version 212ms). Connected to the 6500 box it does DHCP correctly. Needed to go to the DHCP manager to determine the MAC address to then add it as a 7960 phone. We needed to put these off of 3524 switches also. DHCP didn't work on those though. Needed to give static IP's. Still having a problem of the boxes reregistering w/ CM's and that makes them put off a ring each time. Anyone have help with the reregistering problem or having to issue static IPs on the 3524 boxes?

bodav
Level 1
Level 1

I upgraded to 3.2.1 but my database did not import. Backed off to 3.1.2c and the database was restored.

Anyone else seen this?

How did you go back to 3.1(2c)? Did you pull a drive before the upgrade and then go back to the pulled drive? Was it the SQL database with devices and route patterns or just the user database under users -> global directory or both?

Thank you,

-Mckee

Is anyone having the same problems doing a fresh install of 3.2 as opposed to an upgrade?

dgoswick
Level 1
Level 1

Upgraded last weekend, reverting back to 3.1.x this weekend. Mostly just real buggy annoyances with our 7960 phones. While on one line, if another call came in on a different line on the same phone, all options (hold, transfer, endcall) disappear and all you can do is answer the incoming call. This really upset some of our small office attendants, and it was quite annoying for me as well. I also noticed that caller ID, while on another line didn't work. And sometimes only 3 digits out of 4 would be displayed when someone called from another 4-digit extension. Not really major problems, but users don't tolerate even minor problems when it comes to phones.

Anybody else run into this (hold, transfer, endcall disappear on second incoming call)? It happens to us on 7940 and 7960 phones, I tried sending a specific phone back to the P00303010102 load and it still looses the soft keys on the second line. I'd sure hate to revert back to 3.12c just for this.

- Jim

I'm glad to see others with this problem. I'm surprised I havn't seen more people complaining. I tried the other phone load with 3.2, but it still didn't do everything quite right. Calls coming in to the second line would either not show caller-id, or only show 3 out of 4 digits.

If this remains this way, we'll never be able to upgrade to 3.2!

I think the answer might be "as designed". If you take a look at what is happening, you will notice that the soft keys for the first call do not actually go away, what you are seeing are the soft keys for the second line. Before the second call is actually answered, the only key available is "Answer". The trick is to select the line button for the first call, act on it (Hold, xfer, etc.) then go to the second line and act on it.

- Jim

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: