cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Any one for CM 3.2

rkiamil
Level 1
Level 1

Has any body done the Upgrade to CM 3.2 from 3.1.x? How did it go? Any major problems?

24 Replies 24

Cisco told me the same thing. We are not using call waiting, but rather a second line appearance that the call will forward to if the first line is busy. I had to press the first line twice, not once to get back to the right display. Also, it put the first line on hold for just an instant while I hit the button twice. This was just to much of a hassle for my users to deal with. They were happy with the way it was. Imagine an attendant in a small office answering one number that is coming in on four line appearances. All of the button pushing is ridiculous.

Sascha Monteiro
Level 6
Level 6

Hi,

I upgraded a PUB/SUB to 3.2.1 but a failover ends in a 'registration rejected'. I also upgraded my Extended services to 2.2(3a), this should work according to the documents, but when I use extension mobility and I fill in the userID an PIN I get a blank screen with 'Please Sign On' on the top.

Did someone else ran in to this?

Regards,

Sascha

rkiamil
Level 1
Level 1

Any body with an update of when CM 3.2 patch for CRA is going to be out?

amylinit
Level 1
Level 1

I got to the very end of the upgrade and it failed to accept the new SA password for SQL (step 10). It appeared to complete the upgrade, but when I tried to bring CM up, the database was completely gone. I had TAC on the line (#C417413) and they thought given the circumstances the best thing to do would be to reinstall 3.1(2c) then restore the previous backup.

They seemed to think that the SA problem was because CM was moved from a workgroup to a domain after my initial installation and that password restrictions in the domain were somehow interfering with the new SA password. When I did the recovery, I left the CM in the Workgroup to avoid this problem the next time I attempt the upgrade.

So now I have my recovered Publisher server in a Workgroup, and my Subscriber in the Domain. How can I successfully move the Subscriber CM from the domain and into the workgroup without restoring? I tried to simply remove it from the domain and place it in the workgroup, but when I do that SQL will not start.

BTW, I did all of the preliminary steps (service packs, patches, and BIOS upgrades) to upgrading except one. I did not do the step of breaking the mirror and setting the hard drive aside as a recovery precaution. After spending a very long night recovering, I can tell you that that step is one that you should follow, I certainly will on my next attempt.

Jim

dajessup
Level 1
Level 1

I have upgraded one of our CM's to 3.2 with no problems. There are some things to be aware of when upgrading. You cannot have 3.2 on one server and 3.1 on another, they will not talk to each other. Also, ICD is not supported in 3.2, support will be added back in a future upgrade. Also, there are some issues with Extension Mobility not working on 3.2.

As for 3.2 and ICD, the details are in the Compatibility Matrix in the 3.2(1) release notes. Something to the effect of requiring a patch for DC Directory and JTAPI - which are not available. Yikes!

For those having the soft key issue.. (on a line and call comes in on another line, only answer is presented)

What happens if you press answer? Does it automatically put the current call on hold the way it does for calls on the same line? or does it answer the new call and drop the existing one?

Darrick

If you cleck answer the call on line 1 is put on hold and the call is answered. This has changed and all of the operators are very annoyed about this. Can we revert possibly to old phone loads?

It does automatically put the other call on hold, but what if you don't want to put them on hold? What if you're an operator in a small department that wants to transfer the first call, or put the first call on hold, or even end the first call? The only way to do that is to hit the first line button twice. The first hit puts the original caller on hold and the second hit brings them back. Then you can select what you want to do with them, while you still haven't answered the second call coming in. This is very annoying and frustrating for our operators.

I was having the same issue at one of my customers. If you turn off call waiting on the lines all of your options remain and you can handle the first call (transfer, park, etc) before dealing with the second. Let me know if this works for you as well.