Views
Helpful
Replies

Any one used VT-G0 from ipblue.com?

rkiamil
Level 1
Level 1

Dear Users,

Has any body on here tested or using VT-GO on the Compaq PDA? What do you think of it? Any comments would be great.

Thanks Rif

3 Replies 3

Erik Peterson
Level 4
Level 4

I've used it. Worked well enough, just make sure you get an earpiece for the iPaq, without it, acoustic coupling leads to severe echo.

HI,

I've installed and configured it with CCM 3.1(3a) and CCM 3.2(2c). It works very well with CCM 3.1 (with autoregistration enabled, the iPAQ is seen as a 7910).

With CCM 3.2 seams having some problems during registration but after the first registration fase (I've retried 3 times), all works fine.

Good voice quality.

Bye, Francesco

mlebus
Level 1
Level 1

We've tried using Wavelan (Orinoco) .11b AP/NIC and CCM 3.0.11, and it works fine. As posted, you must have earpiece.

As an alternative to a true telephony device...and you plan on talking alot...not convinced it's there yet. Had to talk into IPAQ, which is ungainly, and most people here don't want to wear earbuds/headsets. Safety is another issue in a manufacturing environment (dangling earbud/hdset cord).

Once a bluetooth headset is compatible with IPAQ (or vice versa), then it becomes more of a contender (hopefully in Oct with GSM sleeve !). Or if manufacturer of T-Mobile's SmartPhone releases product with CF or PC Card ability...that might eliminate need for headset.

Currently use Symbol FH phones on .11 AP's

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: