cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Any way to conference two callers on seperate DNs from one phone.

jeck
Level 1
Level 1

I am running CCM 3.3(2)spc. The operators want to be able to have two inbound calls joined into a conversation without the operators being in the conference. Their old pbx can do this but I cannot find a way to this. If the two calls come in on the same DN (call waiting) I can do a conference between the two then drop out, but I cannot do this between DN numbers.

Also, is there a way to scroll thru incoming calls? Right now when a call comes in, that becomes the active screen, if another call comes in you cannot use the scroll key to view who is calling.

4 Replies 4

Tom Dillon
Level 4
Level 4

If you have call waiting on one of the lines, you could transfer the 2nd DN to the DN that has call waiting and then answer the call and then conference the 2nd call on the same line.

I would not recommend this to a normal user, but if you had someone that really wanted a way to conference two callers on different lines on the same phone, it will work. Here’s what I did:

Caller A is on line 1

Caller B is on line 2

Line 1 has call waiting enabled

Line 2: Press transfer button

Enter line 1 DN

Press transfer button

Line 1: answer the transferred Caller B on line 1

Press the conference button

Press the conference button

Press the end call button

Callers A and B stay conferenced.

c-charlebois
Level 3
Level 3

It would be easier to transfer the callers to a Meet-Me conference line.

j.ayres
Level 1
Level 1

I can't think of any easy way to achieve a call join without performing some kind of transfer.

Another solution (to the ones already given) is to park the first call and transfer the second to the given call park location.

I just tried this on 3.2(3) - should still work in 3.3!

Regards,

Justin

Thanks, the transfer to park works great.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: