Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Any Way to do a Bulk Import of "Internet Subscriber" users?

I need to do a bulk user import and have the user type be "Internet Subsciber" instead of a regular voice mail subscriber.

Using the bulk import tool, I am not able to specify the user type .

Users are being created for call transfer purposes only (I believe they do not count against the license count for Unity). This is so I am able to transfer from Call Handlers to extensions that are not voice mail subscribers. Any other way to do this?

Thanks in advance.

John Stemke - DataComm Networking

3 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: Any Way to do a Bulk Import of "Internet Subscriber" users?

You can do this type of transfer using call handlers instead of internet subscribers - there is a bulk handler create utility you can you - you'll find it here:

http://www.ciscounitytools.com/App_bulk_handler_create.htm

I did try creating a Call Handler to do that, but, I could not get it to work.

I had the extension configured for the Call Handler and had the transfer option set to "Ring subscribers extension", when I tried dialing the extension from the main Call Handler, Unity would prompt me for an extension over and over and never transfer the call

Anything special I need to configure in the Call Handler?

Cisco Employee

I'd need to see how you had your handler setup... you can absolutely do this with call handlers. In fact for subscribers and internet subscriber, the call handling functions are dealt with using a call handler attached to the subscriber.

Make sure to use the ALTERNATE transfer option on the call handler - typically it's enabled and set to not transfer anywhere and users adjust the STANDARD rule which is over rode when the altnerate is active - if you use the alternate transfer rule to do the ringing of the phone it'll always work regardless. I'm betting it's going to the greeting for the call handler instead which is looping back to the opening greeing - just my guess based on your description.

For all the detail you'd ever want to know about audio text applications in Unity, you can check out the Audio Text Applications doc here:

http://www.ciscounitytools.com/Documents.htm

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content