cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Any way to produce a list of call handlers?

dnmann
Level 1
Level 1

Is there any way to produce a list of all the call handlers that have been configured in Unity 3.1? Perhaps in an easily manipulated for such as CSV?

4 Replies 4

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Well... I don't have a "call handler info dump" that works like the subscriber info dump does by kicking out a CSV file of selected data, however you do have a couple option here.

On the AnswerMonkey 2.x tools page there's a VB script that dumps out the high level information for all the call handlers in the system - it's not in an easily parsable format - even though it's on the 2.x tools page, it'll fly for a 3.x system since it's going through the DOH interface to get at the data:

http://www.answermonkey.net/Script_CallHandlerDump.htm

You might also want to check out the much higher end Audio Text Manager tool found on the 3.x tools page:

http://www.answermonkey.net/APP_AudioTextManager.htm

You can dump out a "tree view" of how your audio text tree(s) hang together and quickly see all your handler details but it doesn't have a CSV dump feature.

Dumping out to CSV for most of the handler data is tough since much of it is one key links that can do different things and go to many different places (same deal for after message action and after greeting action). It's hard to chunk that out in a static CSV column format. What data, in particular, are you guys wanting to chunk through?

Actually, All I am looking for are the Call Handler Names. We have a customer where we created about 500 plus call handlers and we don't really have a fully up to date copy of the spreadsheet we worked off of to build the tree. Since we included a number scheme in the Call Handler Name itself, If I could dump out the names, I could have a current list of what is in there.

If that's all you need you can just do a quick SQL query to get the text names out of the call handler table. You can use query analyzer for this or you can do it in the OSQL interface. The query to run is simply:

select TextName from CallHandler where IsPrimary=0

That will kick out all the call handler names in the system in a jiffy... the primary tag is used to screen out call handlers tied to subscribers which presumably you don't want.

To do this in OSQL from the command prompt it would look like this:

osql -d UnityDB -E -q "select TextName from CallHandler where IsPrimary=0" -o fun.txt

that will dump the names out into the fun.txt text file.

Great! Thanks