Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

any way to "compartmentalize" unity callers?

I have a Unity server shared amongst 5 different sites of the same company. This is norammly fine except for when a user/caller messes up an extension in the autoattendant/callhandler. When they make an error, they get the error message from unity and then get dumped into the Opening Greeting call handler. This them dumps them into the corporate operator if they hit 0. is there any way to put the caller back in the last call hadler they were in as opposed to the Opening Greeting one? This way, if they hit 0, they will get the proper operator (as defined by that location's call handler's caller input settings).

• Other Collaboration Voice and Video Subjects
2 REPLIES
Gold

Re: any way to "compartmentalize" unity callers?

I think you are looking for the Error greeting. The Error greeting is a hidden greeting which is used to handle situations where the caller inputs data for which no match is found. Unity considers this an error and sends the call to the Error greeting.

By default the Error greeting is hidden from the SA and coded to point to the standard Opening Greeting Call Handler. It can be made viewable in the SA through the Advanced Settings Tool.

You can read more about it here:

http://www.ciscounitytools.com/Applications/Audio%20Text%20Applications%20in%20Unity.doc

Hope this helps...

Keith

Cisco Employee

Re: any way to "compartmentalize" unity callers?

In addition to the doc Keith mentioned, you can use BulkEdit to change all your subscriber and call handlers such that the default behavior for their error greeting will be "loop back to self" which will cause Unity to play the error greeting ("I'm sorry, I did not hear your entry") and then play the greeting for that call handler instead of shuffling them off to the default opening greeting.

There's a special option just for this on the Error greeting in BulkEdit to make this type of thing easy. You'll find BulkEdit in the Tools Depot on your desktop and you can download the latest from it's home page here:

http://www.ciscounitytools.com/App_BulkEditUtility_40.htm

Views
Helpful
Replies
This widget could not be displayed.