Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Any way to show if called party is on the phone

Hello,

I have a new Call manager installed upgraded from a 3 com system. If i called someone on the 3 com system it used to say that they were on the phone. It does not do that with the cisco. Is there any way to do it?

Thanks,

Joe

4 REPLIES

Re: Any way to show if called party is on the phone

Anyone have any info on this?

Joe,

I assume you are saying on the 3com system if you called an internal user if they were on the phone an annunciator would then say to you that the user was on the phone? Or was it on your display? To my knowledge Cisco doesn't have this feature.

They do have the Call Back service. It's part of the CM extended services. High level this service notifies a user when the person they called is available again. So this does check if the user is on the phone. Here is the FAQ.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_qanda_item09186a0080191057.shtml

Please rate the posts

Thanks

Fred

yes it showed on the display

I figured it would have something like that

CCM 5.0 has now that feature called BLF (Busy Lamp Feature) which is based on the Presence Function.

The Buttons on the new 7941, 7961, 7970/71 and the 7914 extension module can show the status of any user in the system with a Red Light indicator. The presence status is also shown in the directory.

Thomas

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content