Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Bronze

Anyone done this before??

We have a customer which is college.

They have CCM4.13 and Unified 4.04.

They have in-house application written by asp.net.

This in-house application is actually write and read database

When the potential students stop by at admission, the staff will collect the student info, for instance, SS#, phone, DOB, address, which high school they graduate, etc.

Then the staff will call the potential student to follow-up.

What they try to do is that... they want to have in-house application has "phone icon", the "Phone Icon" will be accomplished by the programmer.

When the staff click "phone icon", it will automatically dial the phone number for that particular student they pull from database.

Is there any way to do automatically dial through IP phone or IP Communicator for my case?

OR

Just give me your idea, I am all ears.

Thanks a lot!!!

Ken

6 REPLIES

Re: Anyone done this before??

Ken,

There are many third party companies that does this kind of apps. (IPCelerate)

Bronze

Shanky,

I know about this product (IPCelerate). But I guess We would like to create our own?

I am not a programmer, do you know how to start?

Ken

You can accomplish this by using click-to-dial. More info is available in the cisco dev kit.

Bronze

Thanks for the info.

Can you be more specific about "in the cisco dev kit"?

Ken

You could also use the Citrix Application Gatway... they have this application called Click to Call. It's pretty click. A small client is loaded on the desktop, links to the Citrix box, which is the "hub" between the CallManager and IP phone. It matches Mac address, etc and person logged in at the PC. If the person clicks the phone number on the Web or HTML app, it will pop it up on the IP phone. The agent simple has to hit dial. You can even have it prepend "9" or something to get out on the PSTN or other access codes, depending on the digit link.

It seriously just drops right in. The Cisco Dev kit is really for hard core programmers.. I looked it for ldap directory calls and it was a pain and it's IIS.. another windows server.. blah!

hope this helps!

I don't remember the download link directly, but the tech docs will most likely point you there. Here is the link:

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/voice/vpdd/cdd/index.htm

Please rate helpful posts. :)

Views
Helpful
Replies