Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

anyone have exp with 6 digit closed dial plan

Hi we are doing a CM deployment in North Asia that must be provisioned to at least eventialy include South East Asia, Australia and South Asia and possibly the rest of the planet. I have been trying to work this in to a 5 digit closed numbering plan and it is bloody difficult (they might have around 5000 staff in Asia Pacific by the end of 2008). The only solution I have come with is to go with a 6 digit number plan instead, though I am reluctant as 6 digits seems exsessive for an extn. Does anyone else have experience with 6 digits ? Is/was it a problem for users is it worth doing ?

1 REPLY
Hall of Fame Super Silver

Re: anyone have exp with 6 digit closed dial plan

One recommandation is to use site codes, and keep 4 digit within a site, and use for example 3 digit site codes or whatever makes sense based on number of sites. This week people won't get frustratd with dialing a lot of digits when calling someone within the same building.

Chris

Views
Helpful
Replies