cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Anyone using IPCC in production?

2r-reeder
Level 1
Level 1

I would love to get some feedback from customers using IPCC - either in volume testing or in production. How is it working? Any shorcomings versus the standard ACDs? How many agents do you have running, etc.

6 Replies 6

thomas.chen
Level 6
Level 6

You might find this article useful http://cco.cisco.com/warp/partner/icsg/stories/ but your Cisco office should be able to provide you with some more specific case studies.

kalyank
Level 1
Level 1

The current setup of one of our clients is a 30 agent IPCC with 5 agent web collabaration....

IPCC v4.6 is a big leap towards IP based contact centers...Currently it does not have all the features of an ACD...Also the server configs increase a lot due to ICM acting as ACD in this case...The IP-IVR needs to be more matured and the

The experience with Media Termination Softphone is an issue and there is a huge b/w usage each call...Also there is no integration of web & e-mail with voice channels hence there is no universal queue concept available...Another major problem is outbound integration with IPCC....

Overall the features are good...and the upcoming releases will incorporate all the left out features of ACD....

Thanks for the feedback! Could you expand a little on the shortcomings re: ACD and IVR functionality? What's missing that is/was important to you? Also, do you have any b/w usage figures? I am not looking to roll out full 'contact center' right away, but I am interested in your experiences in terms of old-fashioned ACD and IVR functionality. Thanks again!

mhshahzad
Level 1
Level 1

AAA Response Services Center was the first company to use Cisco's IPCC as a call center solution. We are also using Cisco's IP IVR and Eyretel’s IP call recording solution.

Currently, we have about 10 agents on the telephone taking calls. IPCC is a lot different than Aspect (I believe that's what Dell uses). You don't lose a call when your ACD goes down and you don't need a network and teleset connection for each agent. IPCC requires less space and less hardware. And because the voice packages are IP, it uses the same network connection to transfer the call and email.

The shortcomings are the reports and system management. There are a lot of steps involve to create, basically, anything in IPCC. For example, you have to create the telephones Ids and ports in call manager and then create the agent extensions, device targets and labels in ICM for each agent.

But a lot of these problems have gone away in ICM 4.6. In 4.6, Cisco has combined a lot of steps. We have been testing it at Response for about 3 weeks now and I like it.

Please let me know if you have any more questions.

SEAN NILSEN
Level 4
Level 4

There are a few major complaints I have about IPCC as compared to a PBX style ACD.

1) My calling devices should not need access to my CTI Ports to complete an IVR call that is post routing.

2) If I have a script that is NOT post routing, my calling devices should not require access to the AgentLines.

These two are the major complaints I have. In a PBX if I call an ACD Pilot (CTI Route Point) the CALLED DEVICE (ACD Pilot) controls what resources I have access to, not the resources allowed via CSS equivalents on the PBX, to the calling device.

Another problem I am having at the moment is something I am not sure if it is config related or a "design opportunity" in the IPCC world but how do you configure InterCluster trunks to properly route to IPCC? (see thread IPCC Issues #2)

Thanks for the venting opportunity.

:-)

ok, chalk #2 up to configuration on my end. g.729 was default on the remote cluster, but was enabled on the cluster/region where the IPCC is configured.

So then that leads me to issue #2.a - when is g.729 going to be supported on IVR?

Unity Voicemail supports both g.711 and g.729, why not IPCC?