cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Appending 9 to Directory Calls

cory-gray
Level 1
Level 1

In callmanager 3.3(3), Is there a way to append 9 to the missed called and received calls list in the directory of the individual IP phones without pushing "edit dial" and then 9? We want to be able to just hit dial and make the call. Without appending 9, of course, the call does not go through.

I would think this is not possible, but any input is appreciated.

5 Replies 5

paul.harrison
Level 4
Level 4

You could achieve this using translation patterns.

Try this

Gateway has calling search space gateway_css

gateway_css has partition ddi_p

extensions are in partition internal_p

Search space incoming-ddi_css has internal_p

extenion number is 2500

ddi is 2500

Translation pattern 2500 is in ddi_p, has incoming-ddi_css assigned Called party transformation mask is 9XXXXXXXXXX (or however many x's your national dial plan sends you)

You will need to adapt this to your own particular scenario but this provides the basics.

The downside of this is ALL incoming calls have the same mask, so if you received varying length CLI then you will have some problems with ? appearing in the CLI and the numbers not appearing in the missed / received calls lists.

If you have an IOS based gateway it's possible to add the 9 using number translation rules on incoming CLI, which gets round the call manager problems.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk652/tk90/technologies_configuration_example09186a0080094681.shtml

shows how the IOS translation rules work.

Paul

trailman73
Level 4
Level 4

Or you could just add a 9 to prefix all calls out of the route group you are using.

Go to: route plan>route list>route details for ***RG> and add a 9 to the prefix digits.

You can do this for all of them making it much simplier to dial out.

Geoff

Geoff,

This only works if you aren't using 0 for anything, like say switchboard.

Otherwise how would the call manager know that the user was making an outside call rather than to switchboard.

Paul

This is true. The only time we use 0 is in Unity for the call center. Otherwise the users use the corporate directory to get the person they want.

Personally I feel it is a waste of "man power" to use the operator for internal persons.

Just my 2 cents,

Geoff

pbarman
Level 5
Level 5

Take this easy fix, if you have a h.323 gateway:

http://www.futureunix.net/cme/#How_do_I_fix_Missed_CallReceived_Call