Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Users might experience few discrepancies in Search results. We are working on this on our side. We apologize for the inconvenience it may have caused.

Application Development Infrastructure Requirements

Good day all,

My organization currently has a large scale voip solution deployed (call manager, unity, etc) I can't give you many details on it because I'm a developer not really a network guy. My co. wants me to start doing some experimental development on these phones (7960's, for now) What do I need in place to get my own development environment running (Im assuming at minimum a call manager and a few phones...do I need anything else? I won't be initially doing anything in respect to unity) Please let me know if you I need to provide any more details - thanks.

3 REPLIES

Re: Application Development Infrastructure Requirements

If you are doing just IP phone XML command driven applications, then I think you are good to go.

You will definitely want to test with all models of phone that you actually use, but a 7960 is definitely a good place to start.

Im sorry, I should have provided more detail. I have absolutely no access to the production CM server, and my phone is (and will stay :( ) completley locked and restricted....So I'm assuming I'm going to need a development environment. Is that incorrect? Do I actually need access to the CM server to develop? I may have to interface w/exchange and therefore authenticate against CM/Exchange, both, etc....Sorry about the confusion, I've got minimal knowledge of VOIP/VOIP infrastructure. Thank you for your time.

Well, 'VOIP' is going to cover a ton of things... are you going to have to generate calls to devices, play media, etC? Receive calls? Or are you going to make the 7960 'do things', like show XML commands?

If just the latter, then all you need is the IP of the 7960, and the username/password associated with that phone in ccm. If the former, where to start? I suppose JTAPI/CTI for CCM, which doesn't require any hardware beyond phones and CCM... but does require alot of code :)

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content