Views
Helpful
Replies

Applying softkey template to all user devices, all at once

emillington
Level 1
Level 1

Hi there!

Is there a way that I can update all users device profile softkey template (change selection) all at once?

I do not see the BAT having this ability.

8 Replies 8

pwalenta
Level 1
Level 1

Yes, by using the device pool softkey field.

You shouldn't be setting this on every individual's phone. The phone softkey template setting should really only be used for special user setups. Everyone else should get their softkey template from the device pool.

That is true.

But the person who setup the server did set the softkey manual.

Thats my problem. The phones themselve weren't set, so making the change to the default device pool updated the phones.

Is there a way that I can reset the the users profile to use the device pool?

What version of CCM and BAT are you running? I know you cannot do this with CCM 3.3 and below, but version 4.1 (not sure about 4.0) BAT version 5.1.4 allows for manual bulk changes to softkey template at device level. You can either run the query to make the changes or create a BAT csv file.

Chris

I have CCM 4.1 w/ BAT 5.1.

I have not seen any option up front that can make such a change. I will check this evening.

There should be, because I cannot see myself deleting all the User Device profiles and readd them. Thats madness :)

So did you find a way to do this? I have around 400 phones to change the softkey template to so the device profile will take effect.

Me too... I dont see an option in BAT to update softkey templates...

Im Bat version using 5.1(4a)

Thank you very much.

I am now getting into the idea that any stuff to be done, is to be done through SQL.

Again, thank you very much.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: