Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are Router Configurations Interchangeable?

We closed an office and have a spare Cisco 3640,2610,1710, and Pix 501 on our hands now. Our office is currently running on a Cisco 871. We would like to start using VOIP through the 3640 in our office.

First:

If we replace the 871 router with the 3640, can we temporarily use the configuration from the 871 until we have time to rewrite a new configuartion?

Second:

What do we need in order to run IP Phones in our network? We have a single toll free 800# coming in from our local phone company; can we get rid of it and continue to have phone communication to USA and internationally?

My apologies for the two part question. You help is so very much appreciated.

Thanks,

Joe

5 REPLIES

Re: Are Router Configurations Interchangeable?

Depends on if theIOS you have on the 3640 supports all the features you have configured on the IOS of 871.

Can you paste the configs of your 871?

Yes Sir, I can paste my configuration. Is it safe to do so or would it be safer to email the configuration to you?

Thank You,

Joe

I believe this is the configuration and also some troubleshooting screens which were captured by Cisco Tech on the pix a few weeks ago.

Thanks,

Joe

Not trying to hijck the thread but please delete this configuration that you just posted if at all possible!!!! You posted to much information here. Anytime you post a config it should be sanitized and not reveal anything like crypto keys, public address information as relates to the private ip address schemes. This is a public forum and goes out to users all over the world. Not everyone here has your best interest at heart!!!

Feel free to e-mail me off line if you need some help sanitizing this config

tdennis@DataSourcePro.com

Bronze

Good Looking out there

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content