cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ART logon issue active directory

kledman
Level 1
Level 1

We are running CM 3.1(3A), ART 1.1 w/SP, utilizing active directory plug in. Just installed ART into the system. Upon install, I can log in as the initial user and am able to select other users for admin rights. However, after updating and logging in, the changes never take. The initial login still works and the new users are not given admin rights. I've looked in AD for the security group that is supposed to be created, but cannot find it and am fairly sure this is the issue. I've checked the LDAP settings as well as directory access registry settings. I've also uninstalled and re-installed to make sure it wasn't just a fluke. Please let me know if anyone else has seen this issue/resolved. Thanks.

2 Replies 2

KEITH DATRIO
Level 1
Level 1

We had the same issue.....The first step is to upgrade to 3.2(2a) that alone is supposed to fix it but we still had a problem....We had to create the user group manually.....after the fix to 3.2(2a) and then manually creating the group it worked......

By the way I have found that people like us with AD integration are a minority and maybe we ought to get together and help each other because I am finding a lot of little trip hazards in it.......

Thanks for the insight. I agree that there is not adequate documentation/support for those integrating with AD and would support any suggestions you may have for putting a separate group together. I think it would be beneficial to keep it within the Cisco forum section for moderating purposes.

My company has been IP phone certified for a little over a year now, but this is our first attempt at AD integration. Most of our customers like the idea of having a separate system and do not have the time, money, expertise, etc. to properly integrate and monitor. This current project is for our internal production environment, which is giving me the opportunity to experiment with all the bells and whistles that Cisco offers. I have already found the benefits of being AD integrated to be critical to managing the system. The additional add-ons such as Unity and Personal Assistant are what are really pushing this move.

As for upgrading to 3.2, I am in the process of downloading 3.2(2c) and may be able to install by tomorrow night. If you have any insight relating to AD or otherwise for upgrading, I would greatly appreciate it. My current system is still in testing phase, meaning I don't have too many add-ons installed yet. I would ideally like to hold off installing Unity until after the upgrade. I may also uninstall ART before doing so in hopes that reinstalling on the new upgrade will go smoother.

Thanks again for the help. I hope this may inspire others with AD integrations to contribute as well.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: