Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

AS5200 like GK ??

Hi ,I have an AS5200 not in use actually and I would like to use like GK .What IOS I have to use ? This unit can do this job ?

Thanks.

3 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: AS5200 like GK ??

Hi Angel -

The IOS feature set you would need must include "H323" in the name. Only the 2500, 2600 3600 and 3700 platforms support this code.

Regards,

Clay

Thanks for your reply Clay , I assume that I cannot use AS5200 like GW neither ,for that reasin I wuould like to use the 3640 router with a E1 voice board to use like GW and GK , Can I do that ? What is the best IOS for this and I have to install more memory than the IOS require ?.

Thanks again.

Cisco Employee

Hi Angel -

It is possible to configure both GK and GW on the same router, although it makes debugging somewhat more complicated. You will need the ENTERPRISE PLUS/H323 feature set. I would go with 12.2(17).

As far as memory requirements, I would recommend going with max memory for the platform. It'll save you many headaches in the future.

Regards,

Clay

Views
Helpful
Replies