Views
Helpful
Replies

AS5300 as gateway and VG200 as transcoder problem

jirka.novak
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

we have two sites with WAN connectivity and G.729. In first we are using AS5300 as gateway to PSTN. On second we have ATA166. ATA doesn't support G.729 on both ports so we would like to use VG200 as transcoder. On second site there is R1751 as backup connection to PSTN too.

But we have problem with VG200 and AS5300. We sure that we have configured it well, we test it with R1751. Transcoder works well, have correct route, is able to ping to all phones, CCM, AS5300.

When we debuged (debug sccp all, debug dspfarm all), we see that CCM trying to send call to transcoder. It gets it but then it fails. We used packet sniffer and we see that CCM forgeting to send one sccp command to transcoder. When we using R1751 as gateway, all works fine.

Does have anyone working AS5300 and VG200 together?

Jirka Novak

4 Replies 4

b.speltz
Level 4
Level 4

I'm a little unsure of your topology and requirement. Can you please be little more elaborate?

So, there is diagram:

Locality A:

AS5300

Locality B:

R1750 (12.2(11)T)

ATA boxes

IP phones

XCODE (VG200) (12.1(5)YH4)

CM

Calls A <-> B are made by G.729, but ATA can have G.729 only on first port. On second it is able G.711 only. So we would like to use XCODE. But we had problems with it.

We transfer R1750 to Loc A and configure it same way as AS5300. It works with XCODE fine.

We captured packets between CM and XCODE in all cases. We found that when CM managing call AS5300->XCODE->ATA it sends two skinny messages in one packet (and XCODE fails). But when CM managing R1750->XCODE->ATA it sends same two skinny messages in two packets and it works fine.

Two skinny messages are OpenReceiveChannel and StartMediaTransmition.

I would suggest you to check for any failure cause by enable the traces on the call manager and see why transcoding fails.

You can also check out http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_technical_reference_chapter09186a00800c2f78.html and also

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_technical_reference_book09186a00800c2f71.html to aid in troubleshooting this problem

gofri
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I trying to find any document of how to configuring Gateway 2650/VG200/1751

to work as XCODE.

can you send me a document about it or show running config in your gateway?

thanks

gal ofri

galo@bezeq-call.co.il

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: