Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

AS5350 post dial delay

Hi guys.

I have the following scheme -

phone---pbx mitel---T1 trunk---Cisco5350----voip pstn provider

Everything works fine except the delay after dialing to pstn. If I dial 1 212 555 1212 I get 8 seconds delay before the progress tones. The config file is attached.

Does anybody know where to dig?

Thanks a lot.

Yuri.

1 REPLY
Bronze

Re: AS5350 post dial delay

I think its the problem araised due to the interdigit timeout since the destination pattern is specifed .T.

Trying dialing the same number and last use a # as terminator. If you see difference in delay its due to interdigit timeout.

There are situations where expected dial-strings do not have a set number of digits. In such cases, Cisco recommends you configure the "T" terminator on the dial peer destination-pattern command in order to.use variable-length dial-peers.

The 'T' terminator forces the router or gateway to wait until the full dial-string is received. In order to achieve this, the 'T' terminator forces the router or gateway to wait until the full dial-string is received. The router or gateway:

Waits for a set interdigit timeout before the device routes the call.

Routes the call once the device receives the "#" termination character in the dial-string. For example, if you dialed "5551212#", the "#" indicates to the router that you dialed all the digits and that all digits prior to the "#" should be used to match a dial peer.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk652/tk90/technologies_tech_note09186a008010fed1.shtml#topic7

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content