Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

AS5400HPX - Using as PSTN Connection and Dial-In

It has been a long time since I worked with an AS5400 so I am wondering if what I have will work as my PSTN connection for CCME as well as have dial-in capabilities.

I have a 2600 with CCME and CUE connected to a 4507. I also have an AS5400HPX, S54CP-12306, AS54-DFC-8CT1, AS54-DFC-108NP, and FR54H-BASVOX-LIC.

What I will be doing is a having my modems/Faxes come directly into the 2600 by putting in a NM-HD-2V with FXS ports and I want to route in/out one of the AS5400 for my DID numbers.

Is there any other thing that I might need to make this happen, except just setting up voip dial-peers on the 2600 pointing to the AS5400 and vice-versa to complete the call leg.

So in short does the AS54-DFC-8CT1 already have the DSP's on board to terminate the call or do I need any other additional equipment?

Thanks in advance

3 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: AS5400HPX - Using as PSTN Connection and Dial-In

Brian,

To answer your question, the DSP's to process the voice call are physically located on the AS54-DFC-108NP module. This card contains the nextport modules needed to process voice traffic including modem and fax calls. The AS54-DFC-8CT1 card is used to terminate the physical connection to the TDM world.

Cisco Employee

Brian,

My last message got truncated. I also wanted to state that your proposed setup sounds fine. You can use the 5400 as the terminating gateway for your CCME system.

Hope that helps.

Ademola

Thanks for replying and for your insight. I thought that it would work by reading all the information, but I always like getting a second opinion especially from people that might have already done it themselves.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content