Views
Helpful
Replies

Ascom VoWifi Handset i75 - Device License Units for UCM

sbrunst
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Forum Members,

how many DLU's are required for the 3rd Party SIP Phone ASCOM VoWifi Handsets i75 for the Cisco Unified Communicantions Manager 7.0?

Is it the 3rd Party SIP Phone (basic) or (advanced) Device Type?

Thanks a lot

Best regards

Stephan

1 Reply 1

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Stephan,

This would be considered an "Advanced" Device Type for Licensing purposes. See below for **details;

Licensing for Third-Party Phones That Are Running SIP

Licensing of third-party phones that are running SIP enforces the following limitations:

•Third-party SIP Device (Basic)-Video calls do not get supported. Video enforcement occurs as part of the offer/answer process. If video-related media is provided as part of an offer or answer from a SIP device that is not permitted to negotiate video, only the non-video-related parts of the call get extended to the destination party. Similarly, a SIP endpoint that is not permitted to negotiate media will not receive any video-related media in the SDP that is sent from Cisco Unified Communications Manager.

•Third-party SIP Device (Advanced) and (Basic)-Cisco-specific SIP extensions do not get supported. Some Cisco-specific SIP extensions that are not supported include service URIs, header extensions, dialog subscriptions, and remote call control proprietary mime types. Cisco Unified Communications Manager will reject any request from a phone that is running SIP that is not permitted to use an advanced feature that uses a service request URI (such as Call Pickup URI, Meet Me Service URI). The SIP profile specifies service URIs. The profile gets assigned to SIP devices. Cisco Unified Communications Manager will block features that require the use of Cisco-specific SIP extensions.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

**Note: Ensure that any wireless third-party SIP client or device is configured as a Third-Party SIP Device (Advanced) in conformance with Cisco Unified Communications Manager licensing policy.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucmbe/admin/7_0_1/ccmcfg/b09sip3p.html#wp1013624

Hope this helps!

Rob