Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Assign DID to outgoing call

Hello

I need to assign some DID ranges on a PRI, according to the calling extension, eg:

- If the calling extension comes from the building 1, then the used DID for the outgoing call will be in range 123456785 to XXXXXXX89 (4 available DID for the building).

- If the calling extension is from building 2, then the used DID for the outgoing call will be in a range from 123456790 to 99 (10 available DID for the building).

If the DID assigned to a building are all used there couldn't be palced any more call from there.

Is it possible to do it?

Thanks!

BR

2 REPLIES
Silver

Re: Assign DID to outgoing call

This should be possible with the help of the concept called "Shared DIDs".

Re: Assign DID to outgoing call

DIDs do not directly correlate to the channels of a PRI. I for instance have 200 DIDs and 2 23 channel PRI's. So I have 46 lines. I can use any number of DID's as long as I don't go over my PRI's. The only time when you have an issue with DID's is when people are calling in and then it isn't a problem if you are using call waiting and internal extensions. So yes it is possible to put more than 10 DID per building.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content