Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Blue

Assinging Extension To Directory Handler

I have assigned an extension (7632) to the Directory Handler. If I fire up the "Call Viewer" and dial 7632 (This is a CTIPort set to CFA to Voicemail) I can see the call, the reason is CallForward, Dialed Number is 7632, and Forwarding Station is 7632.

What I had to do was add a Call Routing rule for Forwarded Calls to say, if Dialed Number (or Forwarding Station) = 7632, Send To Directory Handler. This is the only rule besides the two default Call Forward rules. I don't really mind doing it this way, but I just want to know why just assigning it an extension does not work.

TIA

1 REPLY
Cisco Employee

Re: Assinging Extension To Directory Handler

That's expected - when calls come in direct we only look the calling number up among subscribers to do an auto login. When calls come in forwarded we look the extension up among all call handlers and subscribers for a match.

A directory handler (As well as interview handlers and distribution lists) are not considered "routable" objects that can be tied directly to a phone as a call handler or subscriber can be. To do what you want you can use a call routing rule (as you have) or you can tie it to a call handler and then have the handler route it over to the directory handler in question - the call routine rule is best in your situation.

Views
Helpful
Replies