cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ATA 186 and FAX RELAY

r.earle
Level 1
Level 1

Has anyone using fax pass through been experiencing problems with inconsistent faxes, cut images and the like? I have been having this issue and was wondering if going to fax pass through would help our situation. Anyone do this? that could give me some insight?

Thanks,

Ron

4 Replies 4

ciscomoderator
Community Manager
Community Manager

Since there has been no response to your post, it appears to be either too complex or too rare an issue for other forum members to assist you. If you don't get a suitable response to your post, you may wish to review our resources at the online Technical Assistance Center (http://www.cisco.com/tac) or speak with a TAC engineer. You can open a TAC case online at http://www.cisco.com/tac/caseopen

If anyone else in the forum has some advice, please reply to this thread.

Thank you for posting.

MANUEL HEIANNA
Level 1
Level 1

I had the same problem (inconsistent faxes, cut images.. etc ) and I resolve my problem whith the new ATA186-I1

The issue is "CSCdv90018"

Symptom:

Fax passthrough fails when operating the Cisco ATA 186 in fax passthrough or fax mode at a transmission rate of 14.4Kbps or V.17 with a Cisco IOS-based gateway.

Condition:

This fax passthrough issue affects all VoIP protocols (H.323/SIP/MGCP/SCCP) when the fax transmission rate is higher than 9.6Kbps.

Workaround:

Fax passthrough enhancements have been made in the software but new hardware revisions of the Cisco ATA 186 (ATA186-I1 and ATA186-I2) are required for fax transmission up to 14.4 Kbps.

MANUEL HEIANNA
Level 1
Level 1

I had the same problem (inconsistent faxes, cut images.. etc ) and I resolve my problem whith the new ATA186-I1

The issue is "CSCdv90018"

Symptom:

Fax passthrough fails when operating the Cisco ATA 186 in fax passthrough or fax mode at a transmission rate of 14.4Kbps or V.17 with a Cisco IOS-based gateway.

Condition:

This fax passthrough issue affects all VoIP protocols (H.323/SIP/MGCP/SCCP) when the fax transmission rate is higher than 9.6Kbps.

Workaround:

Fax passthrough enhancements have been made in the software but new hardware revisions of the Cisco ATA 186 (ATA186-I1 and ATA186-I2) are required for fax transmission up to 14.4 Kbps.

Thanks for your response. We are using ATA186-L-I1 though and still we experienced this issue at initial install. Seems to be operational now. Though we are not sure what we did or if it was a coincidence. The problem could have been the fax machine itself.