Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

ATA 186 and Input errors (runts) at 12 sites

Hi,

Have 12 sites w/1 ATA 186 with 2.15ms code on them. all plugged into 3524XL PWR switches. All are getting input errors increase all the time. Runts match input errors. Only on switchport with ATA. Have hard coded port, moved it to other port, tried different cable, etc and same thing. The ping response from switch to ATA is also 60-70ms which is kind of weird.

Anyone run into this before and have a fix?

I found a previous discussion, with a single ATA that went bad apparently but this is across 12 different locations so find it hard that all 12 would be bad.

http://forum.cisco.com/eforum/servlet/NetProf?page=netprof&CommCmd=MB%3Fcmd%3Ddisplay_location%26location%3D.eea46f1/11

Also, In CCM there are transient connections every couple seconds for all these ATAs. No device register/unregister messages though, just transients. Users have not reported any problems with FAX machines off ATA that we know of.

Just trying to clean up event logs and these runts.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: ATA 186 and Input errors (runts) at 12 sites

Hi,

I haven't seen any particular problems with ATA's in general in this scenario, but I'm using the 2.16ms code, so you could try this. As for the transient connection attempts, it could be that the second analogue port on the ATA is not configured, so the second port may be contunually trying to register. If auto registration is off, this may be the cause.

HTH,

Bill.

2 REPLIES

Hi,

I haven't seen any particular problems with ATA's in general in this scenario, but I'm using the 2.16ms code, so you could try this. As for the transient connection attempts, it could be that the second analogue port on the ATA is not configured, so the second port may be contunually trying to register. If auto registration is off, this may be the cause.

HTH,

Bill.

Bill, Thanks. That fixed up the error logs. Didn't think of that.

Views
Helpful
Replies