Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

ATA-186 on Call Manager

Can the ATA-186 be configured using DHCP and Call Manager with no manual config on the ATA.

I am hoping to use the ATA for many sites requiring a single Analogue phone but do not want it simple for the end user pluging the phone in and connecting to the LAN if poss

3 REPLIES

Re: ATA-186 on Call Manager

You should be able to by simply setting Option 150 to the TFTP server/Call Manager. This should get it to register with the CM. You need to set the option for TFTP to 1 in the ATA.

When you say I have to set the TFTP option to 1 in the ATA, does this mean I have to manually config the ATA as this is what I am trying to avoid. Unfortunatly I do not have access to an ATA at the moment to check.

Actually, you probably could just set DHCP to be set to 1 (true). I think if you put Option 150 on the DHCP server to point to your TFTP server, then you may not need to set the UseTFTP option to 1.

If you have the IP address, you should be able to access the ATA via its web interface. http:///dev.

Hope this helps

Views
Helpful
Replies