Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

ATA 186 w/2.16.1 - SuperG3 and unreliable FAX

Hi,

Have ATA 186 w/2.16.1 firmware and 2 SuperG3 FAX machines off of ATA. Audiomode is 0x00120012 and ConnectMode is 0x90000400. Most FAX's work but some don't especially from this one location. I can FAX to these FAX machines without issues. All the calls connect but the FAX doesn't complete (print out) sometimes. If the location that is having most problem FAX'ing the SuperG3 FAX's calls another FAX # with a older FAX on different ATA with same setup it works all the time. We disabled ECM also.

We tried audiomode 0x00150015 as well with same issues.

Calls are coming in MGCP gateway, and we have the no ccm protocol fax there to.

Anyone have any ideas, or are there instances where certain FAX machines can't reliably communicate with ones on a VoIP network w/ATAs?

I have another client w/same config on ATAs but older FAX machines and they have no problems.

3 REPLIES
Silver

Re: ATA 186 w/2.16.1 - SuperG3 and unreliable FAX

I wonder if SuperG3 faxes are supported on ATA 186. As far as I know it supports 14.4kbps of fax rates. It may not support SuperG3.

Yea. TAC pointed me to several docs stating it does v.17 but none of them mentioned v.34 and since it doesn't support modem passthrough , newer faxes that use same modulation probably aren't supported either.

Hi,

I have the same issue at a customer of mine. In one location I can send and receive faxes without problems. On another location I have problems to send or recive faxes with more pages. Then the call is interrupted. The fax-devices are Canon and a new Brother 8360P Super G3. When I try to fax from the Canon to the Brother I get an interruption. But when I send a fax from the Brother to the Canon it works. I change a different parameters on the Brother like Training, Baudrate and failure-rate. But the behaviour was the same. I think it is a problem of the ATA, but I don´t why. When I disable ECM on the Canon I can send a fax with more pages. I´m going to replace the ATA to see if the failure disappears.

Regards,

Alexander

Views
Helpful
Replies