Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Bronze

ATA 186 with External Bogen Night Ringer

Using Call Manager, I am using an ATA with and External Bogen Night Ringer. It works when I call the ATA extension and the Speakers Ring out but when I call forward a ip phone to the ATA DN the speakers do not output anything. My goal is to call forward the main DN of the receptionist to the ATA hooked up to the Bogen TPU-100B paging unit that has the night ringer functionality. I thought it might be some sort of gateway issue but the call forward does not work from IP Phone Calling another IP Phone that is call forwarded to the ATA with the Night Ringer. Does anyone have any ideas.

4 REPLIES
Hall of Fame Super Red

Re: ATA 186 with External Bogen Night Ringer

Hi Shane,

Have you checked the CSS for the "Call Forward All" of the forwarding IP Phone to make sure it has access to the ATA? (Just a thought).

Hope this helps!

Rob

Please remember to rate helpful posts.........

Bronze

Yes I have checked that, I know it works because if I take off the Bogen and put on just an analog phone on the ATA the call forwarding works.

Bronze

http://forum.cisco.com/eforum/servlet/NetProf?page=netprof&forum=IP%20Communications%20and%20Video&topic=Video%20over%20IP&CommCmd=MB%3Fcmd%3Ddisplay_location%26location%3D.ee944f1/3

I think the ring voltage is not suffecient enough from the FXO being passed to the ATA, I think I need to viking RG-10A to sit inline and boost increase power on the line. The Bogen requires 90V.

Bronze

Nevermind it was not the ring voltage after all, it had something to do with distinctive ring. I made all calls internal and external act the same way by setting the call classification to OnNet instead of the default OffNet and things are working.

Views
Helpful
Replies