Views
Helpful
Replies

ATA 186

marinaibm
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

I have CallManager 3.1 and 6608 is my gateway to PBX. I'm trying to connect a fax to ata 186 but I dont see a way to configure it on the gateway. Will it work only with a router ??

Thanks

Marina

5 Replies 5

rbewlay
Level 1
Level 1

My understanding of the 6608 is that its MGCP connected, so controlled by Call Manager - see http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/lan/cat6000/cfgnotes/78_10972.htm#xtocid154292 . So all the voice connection details are in the CCM configuration. The ATA is just another H323 Gateway. So I'd expect to point the ATA at CCM as its default gateway having configured its DN and the supporting elements in the Dial Plan of CCM.

Hi,

Thats exactly what I did.Analog phones work fine but if I want to connect a fax I need to make an additional configuration on the gateway I think.Am I wrong?

Are you trying to configure two different phone numbers for the two analog ports on the ATA186. I did this by creating two different route patterns point to the h323 gateway that i created early.

You Mean the difference between fax passthru and fax relay? I take it you are looking at the "fax rate" commands on IOS and the local handling of the setup of the fax negotiation. I think some input from Cisco is required here, since I understand that ATAs are supported under CCM 3.2

Does it mean i have to wait for CCM 3.2 to use ata 186 with 6608 ? :(

Thanks for your help by the way