cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ATA-186

technology
Level 1
Level 1

By reading the prior posts regarding the ATA-186's, I have been able to get one working for IP-to-Analog and Analog-to-IP calls.

My next configuration hurdle is getting the same DN assigned to a 7910 phone and a port of the ATA. I plan to connect a loud ringer to the ATA's in the shops where they can't always hear the standard ringer. I want the IP phone and a port on the ATA to ring at the same time.

How can I make this work? To get the IP calls to the ATA, I configured the ATA, created a gateway in CallManager, and finally created a route pattern to the gateway.

Thanks!

Steve

8 Replies 8

mimckee
Level 1
Level 1

Steve,

How do you have the ata configured as h.323 or skinny. With the 2.12 release of code for the ata you can now do skinny to call manager. I am pretty sure if you configure it using skinny you can configure it as a shared line. On version 3.0(x) and 3.1(x) the ata emulates a 7960.

Thank you,

I guess I left a few details out...

I configured the ata as h.323. I will look into the 2.12 code. The ata that I have is running version 2.11. My CallManager is 3.1(2c)

Thanks!

Steve

Are there any documents that detail how to configure an ATA for use with CallManager?

I haven't been able to find anything except a few posts in this forum.

Thanks.

Steve

Steve,

Are you trying to use Skinny or H.323. I would suggest using Skinny since the release of 2.12 of ATA software. Then in version 3.0 and 3.1 of call manager the ata just emulates a 7960 ip phone. If you are using DHCP, handing out option 150, and have auto registration turned on there is nothing to do but plug in the ATA after you have the correct version of Software.

Here is a link on release notes of ATA 2.12.

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/voice/ata/ata186/ata186rn/186rn21m.htm

Hope this helps.

Thank you,

I guess I was trying the H.323. I had the wrong version of 2.12 software. The version I downloaded didn't mention skinny...

I downloaded the ata186-v2-12-ms-1129b-1.zip file this morning. I followed the procedure for upgrading the software on the ATA. According to the ATA, it is running version 2.12ms.

Since I upgraded, I can't access the ATA through the network. When I plug the unit in, the red light blinks approximately every second. I have checked the DHCP server, it has not received an address. If I disable DHCP, and set a static address, I still can't access it through the network.

If I check the IP address using the handset, it reports the address that I programmed. Any suggestions?

Is there a way to return the unit to the factory defaults?

Thanks for your help!

Steve

How did you flash the ata and what version where you on before? Did you do a tftp to the box or by using the executeable. I do not know a way to reset to factory defaults. Can you ping the ATA?

Thank you,

I flashed the ata using the ata186us.exe program that came in the download file. Before flashing the ata it was version 2.11, after it says v2.12ms.

I can't ping the ata. I statically assigned an IP address, mask and gateway, yet I still can't ping the ata. If I check the IP using the handset, it is correct.

To make matters worse, I tried starting from scratch with a second ata that I have. Now I can't access it either. It's really strange, I have a link light on the switch, but it's not getting an IP. I went to the switch and did a "show cdp neighbors" and the switch sees the ata.

Steve

technology
Level 1
Level 1

It works!

I went back to the first ata that I started to configure to see if I could figure something out.

I set it to use DHCP via the telephone handset. Unplugged the power. Reconnected the power. Waited approximately 30 seconds. Check my DHCP server. It got an address!

Went into CallManager Admin. Added a new 7960 phone, and assigned a DN to the 1st line appearance. I can call it from an IP phone. I actually assigned the same DN as my IP phone, and both ring at the same time! :)

Thanks for your patience and help.

Steve

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: