Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

ATA 186

Hi,

I have to add a new ATA186; how do I decide which image to use from SCCP, H323 and MGCP?

Thanks - Tennisman.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Re: ATA 186

Is it CM or CME ? Usually skinny (most of the times all ATA come with SCCP). You may want to use H323 if using ATA with CME>

Hi,

MGCP (defined under RFC 2705 ) is a master/slave protocol that allows a call-control device (such as Cisco CallManager) to take control of a specific port on a gateway. For more information:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk1077/technologies_tech_note09186a00801da84e.shtml#topic1

The type of image of ATA depends on the devices that you want to connect.

If you have a GW, and its dial-peers you can use H323. Because ATA is not going to route the phone call by itself.

If you have a CCM you can use SCCP image.

If you have a SIP proxy server u may use the SIP version.

It dependens !! You have four flavors, you can choose the one that will fit in your network topology.

Orlando Mendieta

4 REPLIES

Is it CM or CME ? Usually skinny (most of the times all ATA come with SCCP). You may want to use H323 if using ATA with CME>

and when is mgcp typically used?

Hi,

MGCP (defined under RFC 2705 ) is a master/slave protocol that allows a call-control device (such as Cisco CallManager) to take control of a specific port on a gateway. For more information:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk1077/technologies_tech_note09186a00801da84e.shtml#topic1

The type of image of ATA depends on the devices that you want to connect.

If you have a GW, and its dial-peers you can use H323. Because ATA is not going to route the phone call by itself.

If you have a CCM you can use SCCP image.

If you have a SIP proxy server u may use the SIP version.

It dependens !! You have four flavors, you can choose the one that will fit in your network topology.

Orlando Mendieta

Hello Orlando

It was clear about the four flavors, would you please tell me in what cases can I use simultaneously the two analog port on ATA186.

I heard that it only works with CCM/CCME using SCCP, The first call is at G.729 and the second using G.711.

And the others cases, you can only make only one call at the time.

Thank very a much.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content