Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Blue

ATA 188 - Hard Code Speed Duplex

If I am reading the Admin Guide correctly, to hard code the ATA 188 Uplink Port to 100/Full I need to change the SwitchPorts parameter to 0x00003333

Is this correct?

3 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: ATA 188 - Hard Code Speed Duplex

Yeah that is right.

If the PC port value is set to a higher speed and duplex than that of the uplink port, the Cisco ATA automatically sets the PC port value to the maximum speed and duplex allowed by the uplink port.

also, this is supported only on some ATA188s.

http://cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/gatecont/ps514/prod_release_note09186a00803535f4.html#wp143348

Silver

We just ran across an issue with this, we were installing a bunch of them and discovered that they were all coming up at 10/half. All of the existing doc states that the devices do auto by default, but in this release note, where they give the possible values, they show 0x00000044 as the setting for auto. They ship with a setting of 0x00000000, which according to the doc, and our experience, is 10/half. Also, once you change the settings, you have to power cycle the unit to get them to change, resets will not do it. There also does not seem to be any documentation besides the release notes for 3.2, it would be nice to have an admin guide.

Mary Beth

Silver

Correction - they did not all come up at 10/half, while they all had the same software and settings, about a quarter of them did the autonegotiation - and adignan, I notice you specified the Admin Guide - the latest doc I find online is for 3.0, and the TAC engineer I harrassed about this said they were not planning on issuing new documentation. Is it really out there somewhere, or were you looking at the release notes?

Mary Beth

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content