cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ATA and CM 3.1.3(a)

joshw
Level 1
Level 1

Does anyone know if the ATA is currently supported with CM 3.1.3(a) and if so how does one configure? Any tips??

5 Replies 5

bodav
Level 1
Level 1

I have them using version 2.14 H.323, and have them configured in Call Manager as H.323 gateways. You can assign the extension to UID0 or UID1in the ATA web configuration and create a route pattern that maps to that gateway.

There might be an easier way, but this is how TAC told me to do it.

bodav
Level 1
Level 1

I forgot to mention that you can configure them as 7960's in CCM 3.1.3a, which seems easy, but it's flaky at best. H.323 works better.

baerr
Level 1
Level 1

You can download the skinny image, and they can be configured as two 7960 phones. Works well in my experience, and you can provide them with supplemental services such as voicemail, message waiting indication and conferencing.

How do you configure the 2 different ports using skinny? I can only add the MAC address once?

The first line uses the MAC address, and I believe the second uses the MAC address with a 01 at the end, and the first two digits truncated. It should be in the release documentation for the skinny software.

If you have autoregistration enabled, it will just autoregister as two phones.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: