Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ATA in SRST , no dn under ephone?

Folks,

We have a special need. We have a big warehouse which have IP Phones in it. We want the following:

In SRST mode the main number should ring the night bell or over head paging system.

At the same time someone should be able to pick up that call. I was looking at the documentation for "call-pickup" in SRST mode.

I found out that the phone has to be a e-phone for it to be pickup by another phone through call pickup when it is ringing.

Right now over head paging or night bell are connected to a FXS port and call pickup in SRST does not work. I tried to connect the night bell to ATA and see if it works in SRST since ATA registers with the SRST router, but that did not help either.

I noticed that the ATA registers with the SRST router, but i do not see it get a number or keep it's original number when I type in "show ephone" in router when it is SRST mode.

Does anyone know why?

Thanks

1 REPLY
Silver

Re: ATA in SRST , no dn under ephone?

It's a bug. This problem is documented by the bug-ID: CSCea03093. The workaround seems to be: Either specify CCM name as IP Address or set up correct DNS Server Address and domain in DHCP Server so that 7960 is able to resolve CallManager address

correctly.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content