Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

ATA issue with second line - NOT registration related

I've got some ATAs that are being deployed and they're having an issue with the second line. The first line registers fine with a DN and can call/be called appropriately. The second line also registers fine in CM (ver. 3.2) by taking away the 00 away from the start of the MAC and adding 01 at the end, and I can get dial tone to the analog phone. But when I dial any #, or anyone tries to dial the DN associated with the second ATA port, it's fast busy. It doesn't look like a registration issue, since it appears registered in CM and I'm getting dial-tone. There's nothing special with partitons, CSS, etc. so it's not a call routing issue. Is there a know bug with v2.15.ms ata18x (Build 020927a)? Anybody have any ideas?

5 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: ATA issue with second line - NOT registration related

I don't know of any bugs related to this type of issue with the ATA. I would start by looking at the detailed ccm trace to see why CallManager is sending a "reorder" tone.

Please provide the part of the trace that shows the call form the first dialed digit to the reorder tone.

You have a setup trouble (I think) the messages got with ATA tools last month helped me to solve some troubles maybe you can try with: prserv rtpcatch they are usefull for fax trouble but their messages could help you. Pedro

After digging through the call trace logs, i was seeing a region mismatch, so I looked in teh region settings and teh codec was set to G.729 not G.711, so I changed it and everything started working. Not sure why this would have an effect, since both line 1 and 2 of the ATAs are in teh same region, but no matter it seems to have fixed the problem. Thanks for the help!

ATA can't allocate two calls with G.729 Codec, review your information

We had a similar problem, but to resolve it we had to change the LBRCodec. We didn't change anything related to the region.

Just log into the ATA via 192.168.X.X/dev and change the LBRCodec to 0. The default is 3. This will allow 2 calls to make a call.

Views
Helpful
Replies