cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ATA not registering with Call manager

olakayode
Level 1
Level 1

I have problem with my ATAs not registering with Call manager. When I monitored the traffic between them, the ATAs do get the loadfiles from the CCM via TFTP but the ATA requests for xxx.cnf.xml file via tftp from the CCM and the CCM responds with a file not found error. Pls can someone assist?

4 Replies 4

Hin Lee
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I suspect that you do not have auto-registration enabled and that you have not configured the ata manually because the file is not found. Please follow the instructions for Adding Cisco ATAs Manually

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/gatecont/ps514/products_administration_guide_chapter09186a00800c4d1b.html#87470

Hinho,

Thanks for your response but I've gone through this doc before now and followed each step without success. I'm sure it's something else thats beyond auto registeration.

Try to look about the version of ATA because some version like 2.11 doesnt work and you have to update to the last

pfife
Level 1
Level 1

I had an issue like this where that ATA would register, but I would get errors in the event log still related to this device. I had to disable the 2nd phone port by setting the SID1 or EPID1 parameter to 0. It turns out there are two configuration files for an ATA one for the 1st port and a separate file for port number 2. The ATA will send requests for both.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: