Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Bronze

ATA Software Update via TFTP

Hallo,

can anyone say how i can update the Software of an ATA from a TFTP Server ?

Thanks

Mehmet

• Other Collaboration Voice and Video Subjects
3 REPLIES

Re: ATA Software Update via TFTP

Hi,

You do not need an tftp server. There is a program called ata186us.exe in the upgrade .zip file. Just connect a phone to your ATA box and make the IP configuration. In your PC open MS-DOS prompt go under upgrade file directory write "ata186us -d1 -any2" and from the phone which is connected to the ATA box's first line dial "100#*8000#". If you have a firewall between ATA and your PC it does not work as far as I tested.

Regards.

ERDEM...

Bronze

Hi Erdem,

the Problem is that the ATAs about 140 km s remote from my office. :))

Thanks for your help and Selamlar..

Mehmet

I just figured out how to do this remotely myself!

You will need to set the ATA up to get it's profile from a tftp server. For example:

UseTftp:1

TftpURL:192.168.100.26

cfgInterval:60

I think you can leave the interval at 0 and use the http://ipaddress/refresh to start the profile download. The firmware download from CCO should contain an example text profile which you need to change to match your current settings and compile it with the cfgfmt.exe tool. The file needs to be named ata00000000000 where the 0s are the mac address. I cheated and watch the tftp server to see what filename it was asking for.

Get this working first. Maybe change something subtle and verify it changed via the web page so you know this is working correctly

Then, in the profile there are two entries which control firmware upgrades. The two lines from my profile are below. Change the ip and file names as needed.

upgradecode:3,0x301,0x0400,0x0200,192.168.100.26,69,0x1,ata186-v2-12-1109a.kxz

upgradelang:3,0x301,0x0400,0x0200,192.168.100.26,69,0x1,ata186-v2-12-1109a-elang.kbx

Hope this helps!

Views
Helpful
Replies