cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ATA186 configuration

technology
Level 1
Level 1

I have an ATA186 that I am trying to configur for use with an external ringer. So far, I have gotten the ATA186 to register with my CallManager. A telephone connected to phone1 works as expected. However, a telephone connected to phone2 does not work. When I dial the DN that I assigned to phone2, the telephone on phone1 port rings.

I'm guessing that I'm missing something simple, but I can't see it. My CallManager is running 3.13a, the ATA186 has version 2.15ms. The ATA186 is configured in CallManager as a 2-line 7960.

Any ideas on what I'm missing?

Thanks!

Steve

Madison Local School District

2 Replies 2

gshonting
Level 1
Level 1

I have setup a few ATAs and the second port is a bit confusing. Each port is a seperate phone, which is stupid, you would think that the second port would just be a secopnd DN.

If the mac address for the ATA is 1122.3344.5566 then you register port 1 as a 7960 with that mac address. Port 2 is configured as a *second* 7960 using the last 10 digits of the mac with a 01 on the end- like this- 2233.4455.6601. DO NOT configure a second DN on the ATA 7960 phone.

check out this-

http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/788/voip/ata_sccp.html

Doh!

Thanks for the link. That worked perfectly.

Steve

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: