Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

ATA186-I1

Solid act light, not registered in CallManater 3.1(3a), cannot http://.../dev to connect to see status. Hard booted device and still have solid act light. Is this bad hardware, or is it a firmware issue?

• Other Collaboration Voice and Video Subjects
3 REPLIES

Re: ATA186-I1

Can you ping the device? Have you connected a analog phone into port 1 to determine or configure the IP address? There are several firmwares out there, make sure that you do not have the SIP version. You can try to update to the newest firmware. One word of warning, the ATA186I1 is rather buggy.

Cannot ping device

I have not hooked up an analog phone to port1 to see ip status. Will try. Are there any other ATAs that are not as buggy?

Seth,

The ATA188I2s are less buggy, but still there are some issues. For instance I've had them de-registering themselves to Call Manager. I found that if you are using these analog gateways for faxes, the IAD2420s are an economical way to go, but if you are using modems, use a VG device.

Views
Helpful
Replies
This widget could not be displayed.