Views
Helpful
Replies

ATA186 in H.323 behind NAT

n.somaiya
Level 1
Level 1

HI,

Can i use ATA186(H.323) using NAT on the router.Router can be 1700 or 2600.PLease let me know in any one of the router mentioned above what is IOS required to achieve the same.

4 Replies 4

fmeetz
Level 4
Level 4

You should have no problem using NAT with h.323 as long as your IOS is v 12.something. If it's not working, look for bugs specific to your IOS.

I am trying to do that with an ATA186 behind WINDOWS/2000 internet connection sharing and as5300 ; it seems to work but I the ATA did not get audio back.

People on the other end could hear me but I can not hear them.

IIt is strange, but Nettmeeting works without any problem.

If I use a real IP it works

Hi

I have a bunch of cisco IP phones on private IPs(10.....). The call manager is also on a private IP. Ip phone to phone works well.

The gateway is a VG200 at a remote site with a global IP. In my router here(3663 with 12.1(5) IOS) i have mapped a static IP address to the call manager.

When I try to make a call thru the VG200, I do not get any voice back. If I shift my IP phone to a public address. It works fine.

Can you advise me what could be the problem?

e.bermejo
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I test one ATA behind a 2600 with NAT and this configuration is not working.

After monitor the link with a protocol analyzer the problem is the H.323 stack.

In the initialization the ATA is passing the private ip address and the udp port for the audio conection, in that way the remote equipment send the audio to this ip address.

I see there are a parameter for NAT in SIP but I cant found the same for H.323

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: