Views
Helpful
Replies

ATA186-Problem with second DN

zeeshan2007
Level 1
Level 1

Dear sir

I wanted to know that how to configure 2 DN numbers on my ATA186. as i can easily configure single DN on my ATA and my port 1 of ATA show me dial tone, but when i try on port two it does not provide me dial tone , either port one works or port two work, becuase i can assign only one DN on my Call manager 6.0.

when i tired to assign 2nd DN i got error, i have attached the screenshot ,kindly correct it.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Zeeshan,

Hope all is well :) This question has thrown us all at one time or another. The Second Line on an ATA is actually added as a completely seperate device just using a modification of the original mac address.

Use this procedure to add the second port on the Cisco ATA 186 to Cisco CallManager.

Drop the first two nibbles of the MAC address and shift the MAC address to the left, then add 01 to the right end of the MAC address. For example 00070EA26032 is port 1 and 070EA2603201 is port 2.

From this good albeit "older" doc :)

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/gatecont/ps514/products_configuration_example09186a00800a892f.shtml#con4

Hope this helps!

Rob

View solution in original post

12 Replies 12

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Zeeshan,

Hope all is well :) This question has thrown us all at one time or another. The Second Line on an ATA is actually added as a completely seperate device just using a modification of the original mac address.

Use this procedure to add the second port on the Cisco ATA 186 to Cisco CallManager.

Drop the first two nibbles of the MAC address and shift the MAC address to the left, then add 01 to the right end of the MAC address. For example 00070EA26032 is port 1 and 070EA2603201 is port 2.

From this good albeit "older" doc :)

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/gatecont/ps514/products_configuration_example09186a00800a892f.shtml#con4

Hope this helps!

Rob

thanks rob , its working now :-)

Hi Zeeshan,

You are most welcome my friend :) Glad to be of some small help.

Take care,

Rob

Sorry to drag this one up again.. I also have the problem to add the second port, I have followed the documentation, but the CCM gives me the message that the mac address is already in use when I amend the mac and shift it too the left.. any ideas on this one guys :)

Hey Dan,

Hopefully we can resolve this one :) Have you done a search in CCM>Device>Phone>Search by "Device name = specified mac address (070EA2603201 in the example below)" to see what is on the second port?

Hope this helps!

Rob

Yep and it comes up with just the one device:

1B53F0BF3B01 so for the second port i amended this too 53F0BF3B0101 ? I think im correct here if im following your methology... or hope so :) after i try to input this and click away from the mac address field is when i get the message saying that the mac address is already in use.. ta :)

Hi Dan,

So if you do a search on Device Name = 1B53F0BF3B01 what does it show.

Same for 53F0BF3B0101 (it seems odd that this mac already ends in 01??)

Rob

OUI for cisco is 001B53.

If i may guess your first port MAC should be 001B53F0BF3B. Then for the second port, should be 1B53F0BF3B01.

gregg matias

Ive attached the S/S :)

Hi Dan,

I think what it looks like (perhaps) Is that you have something configured on Port 2 already and nothing on Port 1. Is this possible? Thus the mac addresses?

Rob

Rob,

This really helped me. I was just wondering how to add a 2nd line for an ATA 186 and I found this.

I gave you a nice 5 point for this.

Hoep your holiday is going well..

Please rate all useful posts

Hey Deji,

Thanks buddy! Holidays have been really great, fun times with friends and family. It's always great to get away from time to time :)

Take care Deji!

Rob

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: