Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

ATA186 same DN as IP-Phone

Hello,

a customer wants to use a ATA 186 for an analog wireless Phone. He wants to use the same Dialing Number than the one of an IP-Phone. I create the ATA186 as an H323 gateway with the Route Pattern to the DN. If I want to create an IP-Phone with the same DN the CCM tells me that there is a Route Pattern with this DN. How can I solve this that an ATA have the same phone number like an IP-Phone so that both phone rings when a call is coming in.

Achim

2 REPLIES

Re: ATA186 same DN as IP-Phone

Use the SCCP (skinny) image on the ATA. It will then appear in callmanager as a 7960. Assign the DN to this "7960" as well as to your other IP phone.

For info on how to upgrade the ATA to the skinny image, check:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/products/hw/gatecont/ps514/products_administration_guide_chapter09186a00800c4d1d.html

For the SCCP image go to software center, Voice Applications Software, and download the files that say they work with SCCP (ata18x-v2-15-ms-020927a-1.zip)

Matt

Matt

Re: ATA186 same DN as IP-Phone

after you upgrade to the SCCP image, if you're on callmanager 3.2 or better, it will show up as an ATA186 in the device listing. (they will auto register too, if you have auto-registration set up)

-J

Views
Helpful
Replies